Huobi Ventures Weekly Report #21
Huobi Ventures Weekly Insights
Insight provided by Evans of Huobi Ventures
Prospect of Blockchain Gaming 2022
2021 may be the most exciting and volatile year for cryptocurrencies. We’ve seen incredible growth and innovation, including the NFT summer, the boom of Solana ecosystem, the explosion of blockchain gaming — Axie Infinity’s revenue hitting $17m in August, and Bitcoin hitting an ATM of $ 69,000 in November. It’s disputable that cryptocurrencies have captured the public’s attention, and we think the blockchain gaming sector will keep the traction in the following years.
Games are perfect rudiments/carriers of Metaverse and a good gaming project itself is a complete ecosystem. We are expecting some more experimental game projects to emerge in 2022:
- The in-game practice of DAO/SubDAO — It can be formed according to occupation/deputy position and region. For instance, Polis is the governance token of Star Atlas, Polis holders will be in a unique position of jurisdictional ownership over entire regions, regardless of who owns title to the land and equipment right.
- Randomness — Add some random factors such as extreme weather, plague virus, etc. to increase consumption scenarios and prevent whales from controlling the games.
- The provision of in-game financial products — providing financial services such as insurance for randomness to protect players’ digital assets. Large-scale MMORPGs with land sales can provide in-game REITS.
- In-game Token Issuance — Guilds, countries, and cities in the game can issue coins, and players & traders can find some in-game trading/arbitrage opportunities. Countries and cities will have their ups and downs, and their development status can be reflected in their own token price, depending on how they design the token utility.
- Editor — CP provides a main story/narrative, players can develop their own story (you can refer to various maps in Warcraft, you can also shoot in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord)
Blockchain gaming is just at a very early stage, we’d love to see other innovations such as the hybrid of gaming and social media, on-chain Esport platforms that facilitate the mainstreaming of blockchain games etc.
Huobi Ventures Latest Update
Huobi Ventures portfolio Stader Labs Raises $12M To Continue Building Staking-As-A-Service Business.
Huobi Ventures portfolio Astar Network, Multichain Smart Contract Platform on Polkadot, Raises $22M in Strategic Round led by Polychain.
Portfolios Weekly Status
Acala Network ($ACA) is trading on Binance, Kucoin, Huobi Global, OKX, MEXC and gate.io. Details
ALL.ART Partners With Darkblock to Bring Unlockable Content to SolSea NFT Marketplace. Details
The Sand box & Animoca Brands joins hands with Brincio to launch $50M Open Metaverse Accelerator Program. Details
Animoca Brands Launchpad Primed For The $TRUSTNFT Voucher Presale: An NFT-Collateralized Loan Marketplace. Details
Astar Network, Multichain Smart Contract Platform on Polkadot, Raises $22M in Strategic Round led by Polychain. Details
$ATS trading on Huobi Global now.
$ATS trading on Raydium Protocol now. Details
Aurora is now supported in TokenPocket. Details
Clearpool is now on Lunar Crush — the social intelligence platform for crypto. Details
Clover Finance will be partnering up with Defrost Finance, an elite platform behind the next generation stablecoin & provides remunerative investment opportunities. Details
Clover Finance is elated to announce the partnership with FireZard ,an instant win trading card game for BSC. Details
Larix and Socean Finance have established a partnership, $scnSOL will be listed on Larix. Details
Coinbase Wallet users can now swap across 8 networks cheaply and efficiently using O3 Swap DEX aggregator. Details
Clover Finance announces the strategic partnership with O3 Swap, Interoperability aggregation protocol of Web3. Details
Stader Labs Raises $12M To Continue Building Staking-As-A-Service Business. Details
About Huobi Ventures
Huobi Ventures is focused on growing its venture investment portfolio and supporting blockchain projects through long-term investment strategies.Huobi Ventures aims to identify strategic opportunities across different blockchain verticals to complement and expand Huobi’s product offerings. Acquisitions will be integrated into Huobi’s growing suite of blockchain-enabled applications and services to expand the business into new markets.